Many laptops these days like Lenovo, HP, Asus, Microsoft, Dell or other manufactures provide touch screen options to make it useful and If you want to disable touch screen on windows laptop then you can go to device manager and disable Human Interface device touch screen option and disable touch screen.
Many users buy a touch screen laptop and then dont know that they can disable touch screen option but windows laptop does have a feature to disable touch screen as well and enable it whenever you want.
Can I Permanently Disable Touch Screen on Windows Laptop?
You can also permanently disable touch screen on windows laptop using registry editor and running a command in windows powershell as well.
When to Disable Touch Screen on Windows Laptop
Most of the time if touch screen is enabled you will be accidentally touching your windows laptop screen and if touch screen is enabled then it can lead to misdirection while navigating and if you use touch screen too much then there are chances of getting screen problems sometimes and in this case if you want to disable touch screen then you can disable using device manager settings.
Disable Touch Screen on Windows laptop and enable it
1) Right click on Windows logo and select Device Manager
2) Expand Human Interface devices option
3) Find HID Compliant touch screen option and right click on it and click on Disable
Your touch screen on windows 11 or 10 or any laptop computer will be disabled after disabling the compliant touch screen option on windows laptop dell, hp, asus,Lenovo, or any other windows laptop.
Enable Touch Screen on windows laptop Dell, Lenovo, HP, Asus or any Windows Laptop
- Click on Windows search bar and type Device Manager and Click on it
- In Device Manager -> Expand Human Interface Device Option (HID)
- Now, Right Click on HID Compliant Touch Screen option and Select Enable (if it is disabled)
- Once you click on Enable, wait for HID Compliant touch screen to enable and then you will be able to use the touch screen on windows 11 or 10 laptop on your laptop.
That’s it, this is how you enabled touch screen on windows 11 or 10 laptop or computer.